If you want to know exactly what each ingredient can do to your body long term and see how good or bad a product is in general visit www.ewg.org/skindeep.
Below is a list of the chemicals commonly found in skincare products. Please read through and make a note of these products that you should be avoiding.
Direct Carcinogens – (yes this means cancer causing)
- Benzil Acetate
- Butyl Benzyphthalate
- Butylated Hydroxyanisole (BHA)
- Butylated Hydroxytoluene (BHT)
- Coal Tar Dyes, D and C Red 2,3,4,8,10, 17,19 &33 Green 5, Orange 17, FD & C Blue, 1,2& 4, Green 3, Red 4 & 40, Yellow 5 & 6
- Crystalline Sillica
- Diethanolamine (DEA)
- Doicyle Adipate
- Disperse Blue 1, Disperse Yellow 3 (Colourants)
- Methylene Chloride
- and Methylchloroisothizolinone
- p-Phenylenedianmine (following oxidation)
- Talc (only in loose form, particularly around the genitalia).