Detoxing Foot Bath
When I need to distress from a busy day I have found that a detoxing foot bath alongside some relaxing music or a good book is just what the doctor ordered. This time for relaxation and detoxification allows for me to feel great and provides me with a great night’s sleep. Enjoy
What you will need
- A foot spa or anything big enough to place your feet in and hold water (yes and friend and I have cleaned out and used the buckets for cleaning).
- Hot water
- 1 tablespoon of liquid soap
- 3 x activated charcoal capsules
- 1 x tablespoon of betonite clay
- 2 x tablespoons of Himalayan salt or Epson salts
- Essential oil of your choice, I chose 10 drops of ylang ylang
What to do
Make sure you have a good 15 – 30 minutes to yourself, put any children and animals to bed. Find yourself a quite spot, I tend to sit upright on my sofa with pillows to support my arms at each side. Turn on your favourite music or have at the ready your favourite read. Fill your bucket or foot spa with water to your desired temperature. I like to have at the ready a boiled kettle so I can keep toping up my water as it cools. Add your liquid soap, followed by all the dried ingredients and your essential oils. Allow yourself to fully immerse into the relaxing experience as your place your feet into the bow and do exactly nothing for the next 20 minuites.
*If you want to further ensure a luxurious feel to this pampering session. I suggest using this alongside my detoxing body scrub massaged into your feet at the end of this session. This will leave your feet feeling super soft and moisturised.